- How can I track a workout?
- Can the MyLife app detect double counting of workouts and activities?
- How do I manually add data (for activity, body values or sleep) to MyLife?
- How can I connect third party devices and apps to MyLife?
- How often does my fitness device or app sync with MyLife?
- How can I use Siri on my iPhone with MyLife?
- Can I connect historical data from third party devices/apps with MyLife?
- Why is the tracked activity data and energy that I tracked with devices or apps from third parties sometimes different on MyLife?
- How can I delete a tracked workout?
- How can I import or export activities in GPX format?
- How can I send my feedback to MyLife?
How can I track a workout?
If you don’t use a fitness device or app, you can add the exercise you do manually. There are a wide range of predefined fitness activities to select from, making it easy to add your workouts.
You can also track a variety of fitness activities directly in the MyLife app by clicking on the Track menu item. In the Track menu, you can select your activity either by clicking on the Change Activity button or by clicking directly on the fitness activity icon on the screen.
Some of the fitness activities show a compass icon to signal that they are GPS-based activities. Select the activity and then click on Start to begin tracking your activity live.
If you use a fitness device or app, in most cases you can sync it with the MyLife app, so that your activity is automatically added.
MyLife connects directly with most of the popular fitness tracking devices and apps available from third parties. Take a look at our question on “Connecting third party devices and apps” for more information.
Can the MyLife app detect double counting of workouts and activities?
Yes, MyLife can detect double counting of workouts, and will remove duplicate workouts.
With the ability to connect various tracking devices and apps, users can track activities on different trackers at the same time. For instance, if you carry an external step counter which is connected to MyLife, and you track this activity through MyLife also, this would be double counting. This duplication will be picked up and removed.
MyLife calculates a daily summary of activities. By collecting all workouts and activities from that day, MyLife can verify if certain workouts and activities overlap in time. If two workouts overlap, only the workout with the higher burned normalized energy (measured in MET h) will be displayed.
Some external devices/apps transfer step data, including time information, via their connection multiple times a day. This helps MyLife to do an exact overlap calculation and be very precise in the removal of duplicate workouts and activities.
Other external devices/apps however only provide MyLife with one daily transfer of step data via their connection without any time information. In these cases, the overlap calculation is less precise. A daily step count might overlap with an intense workout tracked on MyLife, so the intense workout will be captured rather than the steps because of the higher amount of energy burned.
How do I manually add data (for activity, body values or sleep) to MyLife?
It is possible to manually add data to MyLife. You can manually add fitness activities or sleep data either on the mobile app or on the website.
To manually add a fitness activity:
- Tap/click on “Add Activity Manually” on either the mobile app or on the website.
- Search for the desired activity in the list of available fitness activities by either scrolling/swiping up and down the list, or by using the search functionality, and then by tapping/clicking on it to select it.
- Enter the required data points, such as date, time, duration, and possibly also distance, elevation and heart rate (if available).
- You can add a photo to the workout if you wish, either by taking a new photo or by uploading a photo from the photo library on your smartphone.
- Tap “Send” on the mobile app or click “Save” on the website. These buttons will only become active (by switching colour from grey to blue) if there is enough data to save the activity.
To manually add body values:
- Tap/click on “Add Body Values” on the mobile app or on the website. You will be redirected to the Body section of the “Me” page.
- Tap/click directly on the value you would like to change, and by doing so the data entry wheel (on the mobile app) will open to make it clear that data should be entered.
To manually add sleep data:
- Tap/click on “Add Sleep” on the mobile app or on the website.
- Enter the required data points - date, duration in bed, duration asleep (the duration asleep needs to be lower than or equal to the duration in bed), and number of times awoken. These four data points are needed as a minimum to activate the “Save” button (by switching colour from grey to blue) on both the mobile app and on the website.
- Tap/click on “Save” and the manual entry will be logged and visible in the sleep journal on “Me”, “Lifestyle”, “Sleep”.
How can I connect third party devices and apps to MyLife?
MyLife supports most of the popular fitness tracking devices and apps from third parties. To see the list of connectable devices:
- On the mobile app (iPhone, Android) go to: Track-> Tracking Devices/Apps
- On the website go to: Track -> Tracking Devices/Apps
We’ve included step-by-step guides below on how to connect these devices and apps to MyLife.
- Connect Apple HealthKit(Health app on iPhone) to MyLife
- Connect Endomondoto MyLife
- Connect Fitbitto MyLife
- Connect Garminto MyLife
- Connect Google Fitto MyLife
- Connect Jawboneto MyLife
- Connect Misfitto MyLife
- Connect Polarto MyLife
- Connect Runkeeperto MyLife
- Connect Stravato MyLife
- Connect SuuntoMovescount to MyLife
- Connect TomTomto MyLife
- Connect Withingsto MyLife
You can also connect Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled heart rate bands to the MyLife app by following these steps: Track -> Tracking Devices/Apps -> Add BLE Device
How often does my fitness device or app sync with MyLife?
Some external devices/apps transfer data to MyLife via their connection multiple times a day. Other external devices/apps only provide MyLife with one daily transfer of data via their connection. Because of this, it is recommended to wait up to 24 hours for the syncing of data to occur.
How can I use Siri on my iPhone with MyLife?
If you own an iPhone, you can use Siri to give voice-based commands to MyLife. You can start your workouts using voice-based commands by telling Siri to start walking, running, cycling, etc.
For Siri to understand your command, you need to say:
- “Start NAME OF ACTIVITY with MyLife”, or
- “Start NAME OF ACTIVITY workout with MyLife”.
For example, if you say: “Start walking with MyLife” then Siri will open the MyLife app and immediately start recording your walking activity. You can also use Siri when you are already inside the MyLife app.
Currently the following activities are activated: walking, running, cycling, mountain biking, tennis, golf, yoga, aerobics, treadmill and gym workouts. Additional activities will be activated in future releases.
If you experience issues using Siri, such as Siri saying: “I wish I could, but MyLife hasn’t set up with me yet”, then please switch off your iPhone completely and restart it. This will solve the issue and you will be able to use Siri normally with MyLife again.
Can I connect historical data from third party devices/apps with MyLife?
Different vendors have different approaches on how they send your data to MyLife and many do not send historical data.
For the vast majority of third party devices/apps, MyLife imports your data from the moment that you connect your device or app to MyLife.
For some devices that do allow the integration of historic data, MyLife will integrate it. This is the case with TomTom (integrates 30 days’ history) and Garmin devices (integrates up to 100 items). You will not be awarded MyLife points for historical data.
Why is the tracked activity data and energy that I tracked with devices or apps from third parties sometimes different on MyLife?
MyLife integrates raw data such as steps, heart rate, etc. from third party devices and apps.
The calculation of energy models and calories burnt is done directly on the MyLife platform, as it is important for MyLife to remain consistent in how workouts are calculated across various different fitness tracking sources. We do this to maintain the integrity of the Health Score and the challenges we run on our platform. It would be unfavourable to use Tracker X instead of Tracker Y because Tracker X’s energy model is “more generous” in energy calculation. As vendors of tracking devices and apps use different energy models, this leads to differences between their data and the data seen on MyLife.
How can I delete a tracked workout?
You can delete your tracked workout directly on the MyLife mobile app or via our website (www.irishlife.ie/mylife).
Simply follow the steps below:
- On the mobile app: Me-> Lifestyle -> Activities -> Click on the specific workout in “My Workouts” and on the trash icon/delete button.
- On the website (after login): Me-> Lifestyle -> Activities -> Click on the specific workout in “My Workouts” and then click on the trash icon/delete button.
Any points allocated to that particular workout will also be deleted.
How can I import or export activities in GPX format?
This functionality is only available on the website. If you use a tracking device or application that is not currently connected to MyLife, you can import your data in GPX format via the website.
Follow the steps below to import and upload a fitness activity in GPX format:
- Click on “Upload GPX” on the website.
- Select the fitness activity of the workout.
- Select the GPX file and upload it.
- Add a photo if desired.
- To complete the process, click on “Save”.
Additionally, you can export your data from MyLife to other platforms. To do so, you need to access the activity details page of the activity you would like to export on the website, and then click on “Export GPX” in the bottom right corner.
How can I send my feedback to MyLife?
To contact MyLife you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01 7041943.